Saturday, August 24, 2013

You

Anytime you say something
it’s like you’re barking an order
loud and clear,
it was bad weather in my area, hail and high winds,
you say,
and that sounds like an order for me to duck,
to run from the boom of the thunder,
from the path of the lightning,
from the rage of the storm,
and take shelter,
although it’s the next morning
and it’s sunny and serene,
the horizon patched up with puffy white clouds,
cheered up by listless, silly birds
who are darting in all directions,
senselessly, whimsically,
cutting the skin of the blue
with myriads of invisible lines
that God could use
to pack the far up sky in a puzzle for his staff,
bored of too much happiness
in their plain Lab of Eden

When you describe something
and want me to listen to you,
you stretch your long arm
like the stout hoist of a scaffold,
you fan out your palm that grew in a boomerang,
a special one,
like a lai-o-mano with the long teeth of a shark,
with your pointy, long, sharp fingers,
which you twist in a claw
like you want to strangle the air,
force it to comply to your judgment,
or chain down the deep silence suddenly stomped in the air,
clung in the shadowless branches of air,
stretched all over around us,
invisible, imperceptible,
getting even thinner by your simple presence

You harbor a wordless world
that’s so easy for you to rule,
because you’re a natural
at intoxicating with the fear of being
my stomach,
with my appetite accustomed to normal life,
where talking freely is just another way
to say
I am

You are simple you
with this I know it all,
I’ve seen it all,
I am all


You
don’t have a hand to show directions,
You
have a claw to kill dissension