Saturday, May 4, 2013

Garden of Life

You see,
I am the irreverent user of a world
that some call God’s creation
while many others call
volcanoes’ bread,
a glittery, blue wonder I can’t drill through
with my inquisitive eye
although I try
hard
and long
and tireless

You see,
between me
and that layer of the universe
that some call
music of spheres
and I call
crazy dance of atoms,
there is my mind,
and my senses,
and my curious eye

The Maker left word:
Use that wonder as is,
without questioning,
without struggling
to cut open its skin
because if you do that
you’ll find another skin
underneath,
and then another skin
under the skin
you just cut

The secret is too deep,
The secret is too thick

I can’t settle though
on being just a quiet user
of a heaven
created for me
not as a reward
but as a commodity,
I must crack open
the heaven’s windows,
see what lies out there
behind the deceiving horizon

You see,
all these happen
because I’m just a gardener
planting the Ignorance flowers
in the zesty soil
of the garden of knowledge
bestowed on me
to enjoy the beauty
and inhale the scent
of my own
devious flowers