Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What, What, What

What I have been taught is this:

Listen to authority
even when
authority is wrong

Do not challenge the norm,
cherish the common place,
play boisterous hymns to silence

The higher you aim,
the harder you'll fall

Better dream small
to achieve small

Play safe,
die safe

Go with the flow,
ride the main stream,
avoid controversy

Be careful with the strains
you put on your mind
and soul
and body,
as any excess
can lose you,
while any weakness
can complete you

Avoid taking risks,
even when
they are worth taking

Respect the heroes
and glorify their lives,
do never, ever imagine them
naked

There is always somebody
out there
who has the answer,
and that somebody
cannot be you

What I Learned on my own is this:

There is no better teacher
than the teacher who
remains unemployed
inside yourself

There is nobody out there
who has a better answer
than you

Knowledge is power
that pays off
anytime.

Guts is power
that pays off
double.

Patience is a virtue,
but on long term
you may be
dead
from it

Moderate risk
is good for your health,
while high risk
is for gamblers,
but only the gamblers
amass fortunes

Running on the shore
in the same direction
with the big boat
on the river
is not my style,
hiding in the crowd
is not my style either,
but keeps me safe

Safe and nauseous,
disgusted with myself,
burdened with myself,
unable to run away from myself

All losers play safe

Dreaming is good
when brings some action
otherwise is comfortable cushion
for inaction

Glorification is
poison for thinkers
and elixir for fools

If you are not
honest to yourself,
how can others
be honest with you?

The people have
a sixth sense
to identify
an impostor,
and there is no way
to hide from this sixth sense,
even when you
don't have it

It is not a personal failure
to admit that you
don't have an answer
to a question

What I always felt is this:

I am capable
to make it on my own,
if given the chance
I cannot be
a man of strong convictions,
only because
thinking
and
strong convictions
are like
looking to a river
through a mirror,
but I can be
a man of principles,
the principles being
the river bed

What I suddenly noticed is this:

I can be convincing
when
I believe in what I say

I am successful
when
I'm not afraid of being myself

I can be funny sometimes,
and that
makes me
uncomfortable

What It finally occurred to me is this:

People lose directions
because
it is so easy
to do so
People are bad
only because
they don't know better